Miller Enterprises - Web Site & Print Design

This blog is authored by Terri Miller owner of Miller Enterprises Design Inc. - Web Site & Print Designs. It focuses on web and design related information and tackles the latest issues involving good web design, business marketing, general computer issues and a personal rant or two about customer service.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Route 66 Roadies are the BEST!

I am just getting back to my desk after a fantastic weekend at the official Route 66 festival held in Litchfield, IL. I meet so many wonderful people from the "Mother Road". I meet a one of a kind man know simply to most as "Tattoo Man" he has like 67 tattoos all but one represent some landmark along the famous highway. My son really liked getting to know him and suggesting future additions to his "collection".

We also met Jim Conkle, General Manager for The Route 66 Pulse publication and preservation society. He greeted me with a big hug from the first moment and informed me that that was the Route 66 "Secret Handshake!". We also meet a couple of radio personalities broadcasting from the event on the Internet only radio station www.bounceradio.net. They were from Kansas and very nice folks.

The kids and I also go to meet Mike Wallace, one of the contributors to the movie "Cars" and most recognizable as the voice of the "Sheriff" in the movie. I was able to attend the awards banquet on Saturday night and heard Mike speak with passion about our great American highway. I especially liked how he spoke of the road being about the people you meet along the way. Authentic American folks who care about you even though they may never see you again and you are a long way from home.

I could go on and on about the wonderful people me and my family got to know. My kid's can't wait now to travel and experience life off the speed ways! What a great adventure awaits!

I also want to take a moment to congratulate Tom Wanko on planning a great event. They are lucky to have you! And to congratulate "The Ariston" on winning "Business of The Year".

For more info about Route 66 go to: http://www.route66pulse.com/

Thanks,
Terri Miller

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home